Wednesday 26 October 2011

Ding dong the (cancer) witch is dead...

Today, I don't want to say more than this. Because it would just be repetitive. I am so relieved. I was not expecting the news to be so good. Here's what I send my family first and then copied it to all those not related to me by blood but who form the "family" of my heart: 

Hi family,
> Really good news today and enough for me to indulge in two bowls of Hagen
> Daz strawberry ice cream.
> Today I went to the surgeon for the post op check up and pathology report.
> Very good news. What they found was a low grade Stage 1 (versus previous
> reports of stage 2/3) cancer that, had they known the stage, they would not
> have needed to take the lymph nodes. Regardless, no cancer in the nodes.
> And no need for further treatment..that means no radiation or chemo. They
> basically consider me cured.
> Needless to say, I am ecstatic and thrilled. Even if I won't know if the
> sleeplessness will go away right away and even though I have some leg pain
> that may be nerve related because of the surgery and that may or may not go
> away eventually. 
> So, the news couldn't be better and thank you for all your love, prayers,
> support and concern through this whole process. It may also take a year to
> get back to normal but today, I feel like dancing.
> But I won't, just yet. In my mind though, I am doing the tango.
> Lots of love,
> Lauretta


What else is there to say? Oh,yes:  Deo gratias and Thank you Jesus! and Hail, Mary!  And, too, Dr. Luke who probably did most of the surgery. And Dr. Kupets. I did stop to thank her on my way out.  Strangely (but maybe not) I also felt the presence and care of my own cancer "angels".. Rita, Phil, Donna, Janet, Larry, Sr. Sabina, Ronnie...all those who showed me personally such great courage  and amazing grace and generosity as they faced the evil cancer witch. They died and yet the memory of who they were as they went through their journey was - is still -  a deep comfort to me. I remember them...

No comments:

Post a Comment