Monday 24 October 2011

One nineteen and not all is well...

If it's not one damn thing it's another... Here I thought I'd almost licked the sleep problem by getting tired. I almost fell asleep tonight at my new makeshift desk. All the furniture has been pushed to create a little cozy rectangle around the fireplace. Tomorrow aka today in six hours or so they are coming with the new windows! And all of a sudden I have a scratchy throat and am hacking and not able to sleep. I'm noteven taking the oxy and thought I'd try skipping the Adavin. But no such luck. I'm not wide awake just awake enough to be annoyed at being so.
Thank god John and Sue and Franca came over last night to help move everything away from the soon to be new windows. And as poor Sue remarked as she moved another box of books into my so called library" you have too much stuff". I do! And I am loving the bare walls, the curtains gone, the unimpeded space. I have bite the bullet and get rid of the old magazines, bits of paper etc. Why this attachment to ephemera? Maybe it's because it disguises the awful fact that we too are just that - ephemeral! It's as if our lives were being swept away by time, by the drip drip drip of daily living. Not sleeping is probably a subconscious resistance to life slipping through our fingers.

Better stop now...before I go over the edge on this one.

1 comment:

  1. "It's as if our lives were being swept away by time, by the drip drip drip of daily living. Not sleeping is probably a subconscious resistance to life slipping through our fingers."

    Lauretta, I've felt this way more times than I can count. Only problem is that I ruin "today" by thinking about how quickly it passes. The only solution is to live in the moment, but sometimes that can be a challenge.

    ReplyDelete