Wednesday 26 October 2011

What a drag...but still the light shines through

It's 3:52 am. Still no sleep. Finally crawled out of bed and down to my "new" office set up in the sunroom while the everything is still up in the air, or at least pushed around. THe windows are in. Just the outside and inside trimming to do. And as is my eternal wont, I am second guessing my decisions made about the windows. Outside grills - look nice but are gonna make washing a drag. Not taking out the original posts means I basically have less window, and therefore less light because I didn't figure  out or notice that my orignal windows just have two inch frames and these have 3 1/2 stealing 3, therefore, inches from each window. Doesn't sound like much and I probably won't notice it after a while but I could still kick myself for that one. So, if you are doing windows and are replicating a house like mine where each window had at least 12 panes...ugh...don't forget to ask about the size of the frame!

The other thing is the pain in my leg. It's getting worse and feels like it's burning. In moving suddenly I felt like I'd torn a muscle.  OUCH!  So today, when I meet with the surgeon, I have to ask her about what that's all about.

But there are things still (amazingly - but not really) to be thankful for. Art Arbour who is part of CPT in Hebron where he spends his days shepherding Palestinian children through checkpoints and keeping them safe from harassment by Jewish settlers in the settlements that cut Hebron in two, called. Using his iPad2 from his rooftop at midnight in Hebron. We had the most wonderful almost langourus (Sp?) conversation. I was just so touched that he would call and he's been keeping up on what's happening through this blog.  And my dear friend Raandi called too. Another long talk. Both ended as if we were sorry to let each other go. Real conversations,  like little Visitations, rejoicing, commenting, laughing, crying at  both the big and little.  Perhaps that's just to say that life and love are so so often in the details.

No comments:

Post a Comment