Saturday 22 October 2011

Saturday night fever and other ruminations

God bless Jenny who's been reading this and knows the trouble I've been having getting to sleep. Today she came to visit and brought a brilliant book/ maybe journAl called I can't Sleep: a normal for passing the time when insomnia strikes and my brain is circling in on itself, cannibalizing the trivialities of the day and exaggerating the ticking of the clock, etc etc all in increasingly smaller letters on the cover almost like a eye chart.
Well, it's good to know, I guess, that I am not alone and that there are enough of us out there to constitute a profitable little niche market for some clever publisher. it also full of funny, witty , pithy, wise and sad sayings by famous and infamous people who are all those same things. Another day I'll put some of the quotes in here.
I want to put down all the wonderful things that happened this week..like Karen visiting and bringing fabulous soup( cauliflower.. No milk) and bread. And stewed plums and frozen squash soup. That same day Marianna and Lesley B visiting bringing fabulous homemade macaroons and cookies and tabbouleh. So I unfroze the squash soup, sliced up the last of mom and dad's tomatoes and found the last bottle of wine and we had dinner.
The next day was a followup with my doctor who unfortunately wSnt there but it turnout I am heLing well anyway. Even if it feels like it is taking forever.
Now I feel my one good eye getting too tired to stAy open even enough to keep writing ESP on this iPhone.
So.. Thank you too Joanne and patti for coming to visit and make sure I was alright. Andbesides being tired and all the other et ceteras previously mentioned,I M. Mostly Ian glad for the slow steady progress to wellness. Here's hoping at any rate.
And what can one say about Bernard who came bearing a pannier of wondrous gifts a delicacies.. Homemade unbelievay delicious mushroom soup , sourdough bread and a nut cake that was just too beautiful..

1 comment:

  1. A wonderful person deserves wonderful friends. Happy to hear that you are healing well.

    ReplyDelete